Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Deal of the Day - 6/3/09

Hello All,

The Nikon D40 has dropped in price and is now almost cheap. Amazon is currently selling the D40 for $412 shipped to your door.

This camera is an entry level DSLR and has been highly rated by many, many, many, many places.

Personally I would buy a Canon, the XSi, but that is a lot more money. If I were being cost conscious I would buy the Sony A200K. It has a longer zoom lens and image stabilization in the body. My neighbor has this camera and really likes it. He says the manual is very detailed and teaches you about shooting. The Sony is $499 shipped to your door, you can find it here.

There is nothing at all wrong with the Nikon, I am just not a big fan of Nikon personally. They make arguably the best cameras in the world, I just think they charge too much for them.

You can find the D40 here.

One final recommendation, if you buy a DSLR get the Magic Lantern Guide for your camera. They simplify all of the features and really teach you how to get the most out of your camera. I like Amazon for books myself, but Borders and Barnes and Noble sell them in the store if you want it now.

Later,

John

No comments: