Thursday, July 9, 2009

Deal of the Day #2 - 7/9/09

Hello All,

Yesterday the Kindle 2's price fell from $359 to $299, a big drop and a step toward making the kindle a purchase for a wider audience. The biggest advantages of the kindle over other ebook readers is that it has free wifi anywhere in the world and you can buy new best selling books for $10. I am not much of a book reader, ADHD makes it hard to focus and all :-), but this is pretty attractive even to me. The iPhone does enough of this for me personally so I will not jump yet, but I think the kindle is the next iPod. For a while iPods were really expensive and not very big, now almost everyone has one and they are very inexpensive. You are actually weirder to not have an iPod these days than you are if you do. That point will come in a few years for the kindle.

You can find the kindle here.

Later,

John

No comments: