Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Deal of the Day - 9/16/08

Hello All,

MacMall has a sale on the JBL On Stage II iPod speaker and dock system. It is on sale for $39.99, about $20 less than you can find it elsewhere. It is closer to $50 when you get it shipped to your house, but still a good deal. You can find reviews here, here, and here. In the last review note that the rating would be higher at a lower price, well $40 is a low low price; they rated it when it was over $100.

If you look on Amazon, you can find it in black for only a few dollars more if the color is a big deal to you. I just bought the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2 for the house and I really like it. It is kind of big, but it sounds really good and the remote does everything so you do not need to touch the iPod at all. The only real advantage the one I bought has is that it has batteries in it so you can use it as a boombox for your iPod for around 10 hours. The JBL is wall powered only.

You can find the JBL on sale here and if you want the Pure-Fi you can find it here. Unfortunately the Pure-Fi has jumped in price since I bought mine, and it is now $100, I got mine for $79. Given the $50 difference in price and the only real advantage being the batteries, which I will likely never use, I would get the JBL if I had to do it all over again.

Later,

John

No comments: